In the past seven years, Skutt Catholic students have earned $65 million in college scholarships, 92% of which were academic scholarships. Forty students have been recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Program, and two perfect 36 ACT scores have been achieved. Skutt Catholic is one of only two Catholic High Schools in the state to have multiple students named to the Omaha World Herald All-Metro and All-State Academic teams during this time frame. Skutt Catholic High School offers more academic courses than any other non-public school in the state. Furthermore, SC offers fourteen Advanced Placement courses and thirteen dual enrollment courses with area colleges. The dual enrollment courses have been determined by area colleges to be equivalent to a college level course, thus college credit is offered to those students who take the courses at SC! It is feasible for a Skutt Catholic graduate to enter many colleges with enough credits to have earned sophomore standing – if so desired.
Skutt Catholic is also the recipient of the U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Award. Schools can only apply for this national award if their ACT/SAT averages rank among the top 15% of all school scores nationwide (public & private). Skutt Catholic’s ACT averages are at an all-time high and within that 15% mark. More than 325 private schools registered to apply for this award, and Skutt Catholic was one of the top 50 to emerge from the pile of 325+. Skutt Catholic is the only school in Nebraska, with more than 400 students, to earn this national award in the past decade. The Council for American Private Education also commended Skutt Catholic for our “commitment to providing modifications and support to educate students with learning needs.”
The average Skutt Catholic teacher has 17.2 years experience, and nearly 70% of our educators hold a Master’s Degree. For comparison’s sake, the state average for educators with a Master’s Degree is 45%. Skutt Catholic also has excellent retention of faculty members which demonstrates the commitment of the teachers to your children and to the school.
Skutt Catholic’s athletic and extracurricular program is among the most successful in the state as evidenced by the following:
- 54 state championships and 26 state runner up trophies in the past decade
- Skutt Catholic has won the Nebraska “All Sports” award seven out of the last ten years
- Skutt Catholic has won four NSAA US Cellular Cups in the past 5 years, which is awarded based on all sports and activity performance
- Three NE Gatorade “Athletes of the Year” in Soccer in the last seven years
- Athletes have achieved scholarships at the Division 1, 2 and NAIA level
- More scholar-athletes honored by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee in the past six years than nearly all other high schools, public or private.
- Five consecutive Mock Trial State Championships and a 3rd place finish at Nationals in 2013
- Recent Top 25 national rankings earned by Boys Soccer, Wrestling, Mock Trial, and the Robotics program
- Three NSAA “Believer and Achiever Award” winners in the last six years
- A silver medal earned by an SC student in the National Scholastic Art Awards Competition held at Carnegie Hall in New York City.
- Award winning band, choir, fine art, and drama programs