V.J. and Angela Skutt Catholic High School, a secondary educational institution of the Archdiocese of Omaha, serves the teaching mission of the Catholic Church by providing a quality co-educational high school program rooted in the historic Catholic tradition for young people in Omaha and surrounding communities. As an Archdiocesan high school serving the total Catholic community, the curriculum offerings of the school include competitive college preparation courses for a diverse population of students in an active and progressive learning environment that features the very best in technology and methodology.
V.J. and Angela Skutt Catholic High School seeks to create excellence in a Catholic high school environment–one that is characterized by a group of parents, educational professionals, and community volunteers who are united by a religious faith and a shared belief in the value of formal education. These parents, educators, and volunteers combine to provide resources, leadership, and the purposeful focus necessary to create and maintain an educational entity which achieves excellence in the following areas:
- Clear instruction in Catholic doctrine and Christian moral values, based on the Gospel and Church teaching.
- A rigorous intellectual pursuit of cultural wisdom and academic knowledge which includes a familiar expertise with scientific and technological advances.
- Development of the whole person: spiritual, intellectual, aesthetic, emotional, physical, and social.
- Experience of a Christian community bonded together in friendship, respect, trust, love, and forgiveness.
- Awareness of the divine and spiritual through daily prayer and reverential celebration of the sacraments and devotions of the Church.
Individual and group activities which flow from a sense of social responsibility and concern for the welfare of others, especially those burdened by poverty, illness, alienation, and physical and emotional weakness.