- 2,462 Alumni The Alumni Association currently boasts 2,462 members. Here are several from the class of 2003.
- 411 Collegiate Full Rides After attending military academies, these two young men will be serving our country.
- 79 National Merit Scholars National Merit Scholars are juniors who score in the top 5% nationwide on the PSAT.
- 40 State Championships Wrestling has 15. Girls tennis has 8. Together boys & girls soccer have taken 10 out of the last 11.
- 1 Blue Ribbon Skutt Cathoilic is nationally ranked by the U.S. Department of Education as a Top 50 school.
It is a great honor and privilege for me to be named the Interim President of Skutt Catholic High School for the 2013-14 school year. It is exciting to be a part of such a wonderful educational institution and to help further the mission of the school. I appreciate the Board of Directors’ confidence to ask me to become president, and am looking forward to the challenges to continue to grow the vision the school was founded upon. I wish Patrick Slattery good luck in becoming the Superintendent of our Catholic schools in the Archdiocese. He is an excellent choice. Now all of our archdiocesan schools will benefit from his leadership skills and deep commitment to Catholic education.
My association with Skutt Catholic High School began over 20 years ago. Our three children graduated from Skutt Catholic with our oldest son, Tom, a member of the first freshman class in 1993. Tom graduated in 1997, Katie in 1999, and Michael in 2000. I am very proud that our family has been a part of the Skutt Catholic legacy from the very beginning. As principal of St. Wenceslaus School for over 19 years, I had the opportunity to watch as many of our graduates went on to successful experiences at Skutt Catholic High School. And for the past four years, I have been a member of the Board of Directors of the school, supporting the continued growth and enhancement of the school to keep it on the solid foundation that was begun in the early 1990’s.
I look forward to continue to build relationships with the administrative team, faculty and staff, families, and students of such an excellent school community. There is a strong commitment to Catholic education that promises to continue to prepare young men and women to hear, live, and proclaim the Good News of the Gospel. I ask for God’s blessings and your prayers as we move forward.
For more information contact:
(402) 333-0818 ext. 5125